7.13.2005

west side.

"Hello, welcome to Backyard Burgers, may I take your order?"

"Yes, I'd like a Hawaiian Chicken combo, with-"

"Okay! One Hawaiian chicken combo! Yes, ma'am!"

"Um. Yeah. With seasoned fries and a Dr. Pepper with just a little bit of ice, please." He's enthusiastic.

"That's a Hawaiian chicken combo with seasoned fries and Dr. Pepper, light ice?"

"Yes, please." He's going to forget the light ice.

"Right away! Your ta-zotal is $5.59 at the first window!"

"Um. Thank you." Did he just say ta-zotal?

(Drive Around)

"That's $5.59, please! Ma'am, are you laughing at me?"

"Yes." Busted.

"Why?"

"You are, uh, very enthusiastic about your job." Also, I'm pretty sure you said ta-zotal.

"Why, thank you. Hey, I like those earrings."

"Oh, thank you." Is he hitting on me? Hard to tell, these are some awesome earrings. Mudflap girls.

"I saw that girl once on a motorcycle. It was pretty cool."

"Oh, yeah?" He saw her once? Dude, it's the mudflap girl. He's hitting on me.

"So...do you go to West?"

... West? West what? I used to go to West Caldwell High School, but how would he know about that? That's an hour and a half away from here. Wait, does he mean West Forsyth High School?

"Um, no." West Forsyth High? High school? Is he kidding me?

"Oh."

... He thinks I'm dissing him now because I didn't tell him what high school I do go to.

...

... High school? Dude, I'm 22.

...

... Poor guy. He thinks he's been shot down.

"Here's your food, ma'am. Have a nice day."

"Thank you." I still got a way with the overweight high school drive-thru employees. Poor guy. I should say something, so he won't feel bad. I should explain that I didn't mean...that jerk, he forgot the light ice.

No comments: