8.04.2013

spoiled.

My husband has been gone since Thursday afternoon, maybe 4 o'clock in the afternoon. He's at a music festival in Tennessee, and I didn't look up where it was until today, when I wanted to find out how far it was. Not how far in miles, but how far in hours. I never assume they get up and at 'em before noon. Gruetli Lager, Tennessee is eight hours away. Here it is after ten, so I guess they slept in. With all the wonderful modern technology we have nowadays, it seems like I should know, except that even the most wonderful of modern technology still has to be plugged into a power source, which are not usually found at music festivals.

I don't go to music festivals. A festival, that sounds fun, right? It probably is, if you are the right sort, and I guess I'm just not. It means staying up late, real late, and then sleeping on the ground, surrounded by folks who may or may not be staying up even later. Most people take a sleeping potion. Whiskey, for instance. I can do this kind of thing for a day, maybe even two days, but at some point, I get very unpleasant to be around. I guess I'm not cut out to be a rock star.

I was fine Thursday night. And I had fun Friday night, when I went out with a friend to downtown Raleigh. We had spiked milkshakes and saw cool art. Raleigh has an art scene, and I had no idea. Saturday, I bought nothing at yard sales, then came home and did laundry and ate leftover Salisbury steak before falling asleep to a bad movie.

But today, today has not been fine. I made it to church, because I had to fill in Josh's place and record the sermon. And then the rest of the day, I have been downright fussy. I've been angry at no one and everyone for no reason whatsoever. The only explanation I can find is a lack of Josh. I know that I once went a whole two months without any Josh at all. I guess I've become spoiled.

Spoiled or not, I do wish he'd come home.

No comments: