4.21.2005

i'll rate this one a seven, too.

Wednesday, 5:41pm. A Lewisville, NC apartment.

I'm relaxing after work, just doing a little light cleaning and listening to a mix of Soul Coughing's slower tracks. "Lazybones" is playing when the phone rings. I pause the music - it's pretty loud - and answer the phone. It's early evening, and I'm thinking it's a social call.

"Hi, yes, I'm calling on behalf of Pizza Hut, and I just want to verify that someone in this household participated in a phone survey within the last week. Are you the person who participated in the survey?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Okay, well, I just have to questions for you. On a scale of one to seven, one being disastisfied and seven being satisfied, how would you rate the survey you took?"

"Seven."

"And what would be your reasoning behind your answer?"

"Um. Because it was fine."

"Thank you very much for your time."

Ridiculous.

No comments: