3.30.2006

here phishy, phishy, phishy.

From: service @ chase. com <>
Reply-To: "service @ chase. com"
Date: Mar 27, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: CHASE Account Security Measures Notification [ Account Suspended 02:45:10 DST-0400 UTC]

Chase Bank Online. Department Notice

You have received this E-mail because you or someone else had used your
Account from different locations.
For security purposes, we required to open an investigation on this matter.

In order to safeguard your Account , we require you to confirm you Banking Details.

We recently have discovered that multiple computers have attempted to log into your CHASE Bank Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were presented before the logons. We now require you to re-validate your account information to us. If this is not completed by March 27 2006, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

Please Click Here or on the link below to re-validate your account information :

http://www.chase.com/user300340004445



Please note:
If we do not receive the appropriate Account Verification within 48 hours , we will
assume this Chase Bank Account is fraudulent and it will be suspended. The
purpose of this Verification is to ensure that your Bank Account has not been
fraudulently used and to combat fraud from our Community.


Dear Sir or Madam:

I have recently heard rumors that certain despicable scoundrels have been trying to cheat innocent and unsuspecting individuals such as myself by sending them what appears to be a legitimate email from a legitimate source asking for sensitive financial information. These emails may even come in the guise of a security alert, saying that the user must validate an account to ward off fraudulent use. Perhaps you have heard of this terrible event as well. Since I know that the Chase Bank is a very reputable company, one that works to protect its customers, I would like to make a suggestion in regards to your recent email to me so that your customers will not confuse your email with one from someone who finds him or herself hard up for cash, integrity, and basic decency.

I was surprised to read your email, not only because of its contents, but also because I would have thought that an email from a company such as the Chase Bank would have been not only spell-checked, but checked for grammar and punctuation as well. You might want to invest in someone more familiar with the English language to write your form letters. I realize that English-speakers, particularly ones with a basic high school understanding of the language, are hard to come by these days and probably cost more. You, no doubt, are passing along the savings of hiring nonnative speakers to me, the customer. However, I think that some customers might be suspicious of such a poorly-written letter from a veritable giant in the financial world. I think that you will have more luck with making your customers feel secure if you take that extra effort to proof your communications, and I can tell that security is clearly your top priority. This is a mere suggestion, and as you are an old and established successful company, you probably know what's best in your business.

Also in regards to your email, I was very distraught to find that my account with the Chase Bank might be invalidated on this very day because I had not acted quickly enough to verify my information. I had actually been out of town when I received the email and had I not checked my email this morning, I might not have been able to verify my account in time to protect it from suspension. Then I remembered that I don't have an account with the Chase Bank. Therefore, feel free to suspend my account in the name of security. Seeing as how I was completely unaware of its existence, I wasn't using it anyway. Thank goodness for people like you protecting the little people like me from the stinking, rotten, filthy crooks out there. You just can't trust anyone anymore, but I feel better knowing that the Chase Bank is doing its utmost to uphold the rights of the people.

Sincerely,
user300340004445

No comments: