10.05.2006

Jesus the cable guy.



Wow, I mean, just wow.

You know, I thought about spending this entry ranting about how poorly the South is portrayed in the media. I could go on and on about all the stereotypes, the horrible and inaccurate southern accents, the wide misconceptions that we here down South are all inbred, racist, or ignorant, or some combination of the three. I could even point out that the comedian who coined this catchphrase (one which I hate) is from Nebraska. I don't even think he's very funny.

But you'd still have that picture, the one I took of the back window of a van parked right outside my office, and my arguments would be useless. The South truly is a little ridiculous, maybe a lot. And sometimes the result is great, but sometimes, it's just...not.

Oh well, if anyone can git-r-done, I suppose it's Jesus.

No comments: