12.05.2003

all the krystals.

So, the lack of writing the past few days.

Actually, I've been writing quite a bit. And if you get a big kick out of reading code, then I will be happy to post some up here. It's pretty neat stuff.

But I'm taking a break from the frustration of debugging to tell you about the phone conversation I just took part in. I answered the phone, as I will sometimes do. It was actually ringing this time I answered it, so I had someone to talk to.

He asked if there was someone named Krystal that lived at this residence. I replied that yes, there was, but she was not in right now. He asked if I had talked to him earlier, which I had not.

He then explained that he had sat next to a girl on the AppalCart yesterday and all he had found out about her was that her name was Krystal. But he liked this girl, and he wanted to see her again, but apparently had not taken the opportunity to ask her out yesterday on the bus ride. So he went to the ASU student search engine and found the phone numbers of seven Krystals. And now he was calling all of them.

Krystal doesn't ride the AppalCart very often. I'm not even sure if she left the apartment at all yesterday. So I was pretty sure it wasn't my Krystal that this fellow wanted to make his. But I asked him to describe her, just to verify.

"Well, she was real petite, and had dark hair about shoulder-length and this great smile."

That description was the whole reason I wanted to tell this story. This guy had to be pretty taken with this girl to tell me, a complete stranger what a great smile she had. It was sweet and made me want to help him find her.

But I just did my part, and told him that the Krystal that lived at this residence had long blond hair. Considering that he had seven Krystals to look through, I did do one-seventh of the work. After I hung up, I wished I had told him to make sure and check for all the Crystals.

I did tell him good luck. I hope he does find her, even if the whole calling every possible girl thing is a little creepy. There's a fine line between sweet and creepy sometimes.

No comments: