12.09.2003

why your coffee cup is empty.

Public radio was on while I was cutting a piece of cheesecake, not for me, for the lady at table 32, though I had high hopes of being able to scrape some cake off of the knife I was using when I was done, and Josh came running out of the kitchen, grabbed me by the hand and told me to come on, that there was Irish music playing, and we ran together to the back, the two of us until we passed Matt and I grabbed his arm and it was the three of us, a chain of running servers in matching white shirts, black pants and pinstripe aprons, except for Josh, because he never wears his apron, and then we got to the kitchen and did Irish jigs and also some Russian ones once we ran out of Irish jig moves, and it's days like these that I love my job.

No comments: