1.07.2005

forced hiatus.

For the next few days, I will be taking a brief hiatus of the no-internet-access variety. It will last about as long as all the other brief breaks I've been taking lately. Those breaks have been more of the no-inspiration or no-motivation or just-plain-lazy variety. According to Time Warner, my no-internet-access hiatus will end sometime on Tuesday between the hours of 10 am and noon. After that, just assume I'm being lazy.

So yes, I'm moving. I've been packing off and on for over a week now, and I'm now down to the objects that either I will need up until the very last minute or just things that are shaped weirdly and don't fit anywhere.

I'm very excited. Not about the actual moving; that part sucks. But I'm excited about living in a new place and taking all my stuff and arranging it in a new way. And I think moving is a good thing for me in that it forces me to get rid of crap, of which I have a lot. Granted, I got it at a good price, but crap is crap. I've taken tons of clothes and little odds and ends to the mobile Goodwill donation center. This morning, I took a desk chair, a TV stand, and a large mirror. I rewarded myself by buying a new coffee table. That seems like a fair trade, right?

But enough. I have to get back to packing all the crap I decided to keep. When I'm not doing that, I'll be busy worrying about rain and breakage and tornadoes and any other unlikely possibilities that I manage to come up with. It should be a good time.

No comments: