11.07.2009

fall into november.

I was driving along on this gorgeous fall day, and I have to say: November, I never knew you had it in you. Sixty degrees, blue skies, and multi-colored leaves? This is a November I can get on board with.

I passed an intersection, where a row of cards was waiting to turn right. I noticed that they were all convertibles, Mazda Miatas in fact. In a neat little row of color, they all pulled out behind me, one, two, three, four, five. They were flashy colors. I mean, my car is RED, but it's hatchback red. These were sports car colors. Some of the cars were red, some were blue, some were white, all of them shiny clean. The tops were down, as the passengers let November rush through their hair.

And wait, what's this? In front of me, one, two, three, four, five, six! Six Miatas in front of me. I was in the middle of some kind of mid-life crisis parade, and it made me laugh and laugh and laugh. It was the kind of day where a hatchback in the middle of a convertible procession was the funniest thing in the world.

Another mile down the road, and the head Miata signalled a left turn. Eleven turn signals, and as I headed straight, I stuck my arm out the window and waved. I wondered if they even noticed me, or if anyone we passed along the way thought it odd at all. Maybe it was just me or maybe I was drunk on November or maybe it's not so odd to find such joy in eleven Mazda Miatas and one Honda Fit.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

now that i'm using google reader i can know as soon as you update!

also, i would make use of crochet hooks if you have some you're looking to get of...