11.11.2003

anthony's song.

A side note: This entry had been up for a couple of hours before the rightful title came to me while walking down Depot Street. Apologies to those who read it earlier and shook their heads at the fact that I missed such an obvious opportunity.

So I've been thinking about the living situation.

Living here has been good. This is your stereotypical first apartment: cheap, borderline-condemned, with lots of character. But I think I might be getting past the stage where I want to live in a place with this much character.

I'm not really sure how we'd handle next year anyway. We all have one more semester to go after this year, and then we're left with an apartment for six more months. I don't want to deal with subletting.

I think it was Scott that put me on the idea of moving out. He asked me if it scared me that I may never experience living alone. Since marriage is a possibility after I graduate, he's right that I may never live alone, at least not for another fifty or sixty years. (Pretty sure I'm going to outlive Casey.) Frankly, it doesn't scare me at all. There are lots of other things that I will never experience, and most of them don't involve paying for full rent and utilities. Still, it is something I would not mind experiencing, and this may be my only opportunity. So why not?

Ashley and Nick would like to move out if they could afford it. Newlyweds don't really want extra roommates. Krystal knows plenty of people that could live with her. And I'm ready to try the by myself thing. So I've started an informal search of cheap one-bedroom places. Man, I sound like an adult.

Now that is scary.

No comments: