8.17.2006

froggies.

On the beach at Lake Erie, there were little froggies. Normally, I would call them little hop toads, because that is so much more fun to say and because that's mostly what we see in North Carolina. Little hop toads are brown and don't necessarily live near the water and make an awful mess when you run over them in your car. Little froggies, well, I don't really know that much about them.

I saw two of these little guys. Either that, or I saw one and he hopped really fast to get ahead of me as I was walking down the beach. I stopped to take a picture of both. The first one ignored me completely. The second one got spooked by my ever-advancing camera and hopped suddenly, causing me to hop and give a little shriek myself out of surprise. Then he hopped to safety...under my shoe, which I had set down to the side so that I could concentrate on taking the frog's picture.

I figured this was fate. Regardless of how often you get the chance to take a picture of a pretty green and yellow frog on the beach, you pretty much never get to take the frog's picture while he's hiding under a Birkenstock.



Afterwards, I got into my sandals while he was still under them and crushed him lifeless. Then I took a picture of that while I laughed - HA HA HA!

Not really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice shoes!