6.29.2006

i (heart) men.

I organize my photos into folders by date and place because I have a well-organized mind and I like for my files to match. Or I do it because I'm just anal-retentive like that. In any case, I have a folder called "Serendipity." This folder is for the pictures that I took because I was out somewhere, I saw something and thought, man, I wish I had a camera. Then I realized that I did have a camera, and so I took a picture.



If you can't see the homemade license place, I beg you, click on the picture and zoom in on that sucker. This truck was parked at a salvage shop in Clemmons. I'd never been there before, but I'd been meaning to stop for a long time. It just so happened that I stopped the same time and day that whoever drives this truck did. You see? Fate wanted me to take this picture.

I can just picture myself being stuck behind this truck for ten miles on a curvy rural road, going ten under the speed limit and braking on the curves. I can't decide if it's owned by a feisty broad or an old man whose buddies are playing a trick on him. In either case, I only thank whoever is responsible, because things like this truck are the reason I bought a camera in the first place, for the daily occurences that beg to be documented. This is real life in all its ridiculous glory; I'm only here to take notes.

*For those of you who are interested, I've begun compiling my Thousand Words Thursday pictures in an online album so that you can view them without all the obnoxious commentary. If, by chance, you enjoy the obnoxiuos commentary, well, you know where to find it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dOES LOVING MEN HANDICAP YOU ?